Saturday, July 24, 2010

Goodbyes...

As the weeks wind down (only 3 more to go!) I have begun to say goodbyes to really close friends... Today I said goodbye to one of my best friends, Leslie, who is leaving Monday to study abroad in Santiago, Chile for a semester. It was the weirdest thing telling someone "alright, well, see you in a year..."
I didn't cry (just a few tears afterwards) but it's making me realize how much little time I have left in the States and that I will soon be doing goodbyes like this for almost everyone I know. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this whole starting a new life in a whole different country thing. I like my stability, I like my friends, I don't like change (at least not the initial adjustments to it). But maybe I'll never be completely "ready", it's just gotta happen and I'll learn to cope with the changes as they come...

 I'm excited, I really am, it's just hard when you have an 8 page paper, two novels to read, and a final hanging over your head. Plus all the trip preparations I have yet to make... These last weeks are gonna fly by, I know it. In fact, I sat down today and realized, I only have two weeks left in Madison... Wow.

Well I'm outta here.

Good luck Leslie, I'll miss you so much and I can't wait to see you again next fall! Love you!!

Paix,
Doug

Days to departure: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment